Blood Sugar Buddy is a multi-platform application that helps people with diabetes control their
blood sugar. This app can also connect users to local diabetes specialists and medical
providers. The first round of the research study has been done, and the development team
release the beta version in mid-2021.
ITManager.net is a tech company in Ottawa. Their primary app helps network administrators to
have real-time and reliable monitoring over computer networks. During the summer internship in
2020, I launched a competitive market analysis and conducted UX research for a new app feature.
I proposed and designed a new graph-layout for representing network components.
VYRent is the first and only marketplace for luxury watch rentals. It is
Airbnb but for watches! An agile in-house team
developed our cross-platform mobile app, so we (the UX team) had the opportunity to
collaborate more with them. Like
other software projects, needs had changed during the development. As a UX supervisor, I
tried to maintain the balance
between new requirements, limitations and deadlines.
The phone multi-criteria decision model (MCDM)
is a web-based
single-page application that helps users find the best cellphone based on their preferences.
This project uses VUE.js
for the presentation layer and Node.js as the backend. The cellphones properties were collected
by a web-scraping
application that I developed specifically for this app.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- UX researcher/designer with +6 years of professional experience, specialized in user-centred design
- Experienced in conducting UX activities such as interviews, usability testing, and persona creation and translating research results into meaningful design insights
- Expert in creating storyboards, sketches, wireframes and doable mockups and prototypes
- Proficient in vector and raster graphic design software packages (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate) and collaborative interface design platforms such as Adobe XD, Figma, and Axure
- Full-stack software developer with a track record of participating in all phases of software development life cycle such as requirement analysis, design, implementation, and testing
Sep 2019 – Dec 2020
Researcher, Carleton University (INCLUDE lab) – Ottawa
- Designed and developed a computer-based video game and its clone as a wearable device with microcontrollers. Evaluated the users' experiences in both forms of interactions
- Developed and implemented a web extension to assess the usability of Stack-Exchanges websites
- Upgraded the database of Carleton University hardware-service center. Re-designed forms, views, macros, reports and designed a web-based prototype of the current system for future developments
Jun 2019 – Sep 2020
UX Designer (co-op internship), ITmanager – Ottawa
- Performed market and competitor analysis for upgrading the network-mapping feature
- Designed a novel and optimum solution for visualizing network components in a graph-based layout
- Designed a relational data schema for storing the historical data of network components
Apr 2018 – May 2019
UX Consultant, Vyrent – New York
- Supervised a team of UX designers in the creation of Vyrent mobile app in an agile environment
- Conducted and moderated online usability testing and focus group sessions
- Worked hand to hand with product owners and business partners to reduce the development complexities
Jul 2015 – Apr 2018
Senior Developer, Chika Food International – Tehran
- Collaborated with business department team in developing and re-designing the customer-service management and marketing automation
- Supervised the business process re-engineering project that identified a bottleneck in the logistic segment and saved the company $200K within two years.
- Implemented and localized the knowledge management system based on organizational objectives and teams specifications
Sep 2010 – Jul 2015
UX Designer/Software Developer – PersiaBME – Tehran
- Assisted UX research team in running interviews, A/B testing and focus group sessions
- Collected, categorized and prioritized the clients' feedback. Discovered new user personas, which implementing them increased 20% of customers' satisfaction
- Worked closely with development team and built rapid and re-usable web UI components
- Conducted 100+ remote and in-person usability-test sessions in over 20 provinces, which led us to increase the system usability and reduced customer support tickets by 45% within three years.
- Designed a lightweight object-relational mapping module (ORM) for computers with limited hardware specifications
- Developed a custom optical character recognition (OCR) solution to digitalize the paper-based invoices
- Certified for desktop and web developer with .NET framework, Tehran institute of
- Certified for responsive web-designer, Tehran institute of technology – 2013.
Carleton University – Ottawa
MASc. Human-computer interaction 2019 – 2020
- Beheshti University – Tehran
M.S Management of information technology 2013 – 2016
- Azad University – Tehran
B.S Accounting and financial management 2000 – 2004