Blood Sugar Buddy is a multi-platform application that helps people with diabetes control their
blood sugar. This app can also connect users to local diabetes specialists and medical
providers. The first round of the research study has been done, and the development team
release the beta version in mid-2021.
ITManager.net is a tech company in Ottawa. Their primary app helps network administrators to
have real-time and reliable monitoring over computer networks. During the summer internship in
2020, I launched a competitive market analysis and conducted UX research for a new app feature.
I proposed and designed a new graph-layout for representing network components.
VYRent is the first and only marketplace for luxury watch rentals. It is
Airbnb but for watches! An agile in-house team
developed our cross-platform mobile app, so we (the UX team) had the opportunity to
collaborate more with them. Like
other software projects, needs had changed during the development. As a UX supervisor, I
tried to maintain the balance
between new requirements, limitations and deadlines.
The phone multi-criteria decision model (MCDM)
is a web-based
single-page application that helps users find the best cellphone based on their preferences.
This project uses VUE.js
for the presentation layer and Node.js as the backend. The cellphones properties were collected
by a web-scraping
application that I developed specifically for this app.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- UX researcher with +6 years of experience across user centred design with solid
Substantial skills in collecting users’ requirements and converting them into applicable
sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Experienced in vector and raster graphic design software and collaborative interface
(Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, XD, Figma, Axure).
- Participated in all phases of software development life cycle including requirement
implementation, testing in agile team environments. Experienced in Microsoft .NET
and Python programming languages.
Sep 2019 – Dec 2020
Researcher, Carleton University (INCLUDE lab) – Ottawa
- Designed and developed a custom wearable device for pianists to build an automatic
published in HCI-International 2020 conference.
- Designed and developed a computer-based video game and its clone with wearable
to evaluate the users' experiences in both forms of interactions.
- Developed and implemented a web extension for usability testing the Stack-Exchanges
- Upgraded the database of Carleton University hardware-service center. Re-designed forms,
designed a web-based prototype of the current system for future developments.
Jun 2019 – Sep 2020
UX Designer (internship), ITmanager – Ottawa
- Conducted market and competitor analysis for upgrading the network-iteration feature.
- Designed a novel and optimum solution for visualizing network components in a
- Designed a relational data schema for storing the properties of network hardware.
Apr 2018 – May 2019
UX Consultant, Vyrent – New York
- Supervised the user research, visual designing, prototyping phases of Vyrent mobile app.
- Collaborated with product owners and business partners to reduce app development
Jul 2015 – Apr 2018
UX Consultant, Vyrent – New York
- Designed and implemented the disaster recovery plan for IT department.
- Led a software development team to re-design the database of sales unit.
- Supervised the business process re-engineering project that identified a logistical
bottleneck and saved
the company $200K.
Sep 2010 – Jul 2015
UX Designer – PersiaBME – Tehran
- Assisted senior UX researcher in running interview sessions, collecting, and
- Identified new user personas which adding into product increased 20% of customers
- Worked closely with development team and built rapid and re-usable web UI components.
- Conducted 100+ remote and in-person usability-test sessions in over 20 provinces which
decreased 45% of
customers support tickets.
- Certified for desktop and web developer with .NET framework, Tehran institute of
- Certified for responsive web-designer, Tehran institute of technology – 2013.
Carleton University – Ottawa
MASc. Human-computer interaction 2019 – 2020
- Beheshti University – Tehran
M.S Management of information technology 2013 – 2016
- Azad University – Tehran
B.S Accounting and financial management 2000 – 2004